Recently my skin has been acting up and it sucks! I haven’t been eating so great and it’s probably also stress and my hormones acting up. I got rid of the blemishes but I am now left with those pesky scars. I suffer from scars quite a lot. It’s something I’ve been struggling with for the past year or so. I can easily get rid of my pimples but those scars are a b******! Ethnic skin is more prone to hyper pigmentation and scarring so we must take extra care when dealing with breakouts and trying to heal scars. I have this new DIY face mask that I am obsessed with; it only requires two ingredients.
What you will need:
What to do:
- Take 1 heaped teaspoon of milk
- Add 1 heaped teaspoon of rice milk and mix.
- The consistency should be like a paste so add more milk or rice flour if needed.
- You can either use a makeup brush or your fingers to apply the mask. Focus on the problem areas.
- Wait 10-15 mins or until dry and use a little warm water to scrub the mask off. This step will exfoliate your skin.
Benefits of Rice flour
- Its cheap
- Rice flour is finely milled so its a great gentle exfoliant
- It smells yummy
- Rice flour is a common ingredient in skincare especially in Asia because of its lightening and brightening agents
- It contains PABA (para aminobenzoic acid) which is a very good sunscreen. When taken internally PABA raises Vitamin C levels in our bodies
- It contains Ferulic Acid which is an antioxidant
- It contains Allantoin which is a good anti inflammatory agent which soothes sunburn and promotes skin repair
- Geisha in Japan use rice flour as part of their beauty routines to keep their skin fresh and smooth despite the use of heavy makeup
- Its good for lightening skin
- It is an excellent cleanser so it improves complexion
- It shrinks pores
- It removes dead skin cells
- Queen Cleopatra bathed in milk to get glowing skin
So far I’ve been using this mask everyday for a week and will start to use it 1-2 times a week from now. I have started to notice my scars lightening and my skin feels so soft and smooth after using the mask.
Let me know if you guys want masks for any other sorts of skin issues.