Hi guys! Today I’ve put together some of my favourite pampering DIY treatments. I like to use these to wind down and get in some me-time. A lot of us don’t realise how important it is to relax (myself included) and take care of ourselves. Not only are these DIY’s great for our skin but it’s a good for your self sanity to pamper yourself from time to time.
DIY Coconut Milk Bath
Treat your hair and skin to some nourishing coconut milk. It will help soften your skin and keep it supple without the greasy feel of oils. It also reduces sun damage, moisturises dry skin, and does a great job at removing harmful bacteria from the skin. Coconut milk is full of proteins so it will help strengthen your hair. It helps repair dry and damaged hair. It also acts as a hair conditioner so just sit back and soak your hair in a bath full of coconut milk.
You will need:
- 1 can of coconut milk (organic preferably but this is all I could find at the time)
- 2 table spoons of honey
- 10-20 drops of a essential oil of your choice. Lavender is a nice option for a relaxing bath.
What to do:
- Shake the can of coconut milk well. Really give it a good shake – go crazy here. It’s important to do this because coconut milk can solidify and separate.
- Pour the coconut milk into a bowl or large drinking glass. Add 2 tablespoons of honey and microwave for 15 seconds. Mix together.
- Adding in the essential oils gives it the real spa-like experience. Give the bath a good stir.
- Add this concoction to a bath of warm water and mix it in with your hands so its evenly spread.
- Step into your bath and ….ahhhhhh. Enjoy.
DIY Herbal Facial Steam
Facial steaming is one of my favourite ways to wind down. It’s like a mini spa treatment for me, and it’s great for cleaning our your pores. Congested skin is one of the biggest reasons for acne so it’s important to clean your pores out thoroughly to get rid of any dirt or debris.
You wil need:
- a large bowl of boiling water
- dried herbs (basil, thyme, mint, and rosemary are popular choices) you can use as many different herbs as you like
- a towel
What to do:
- Boil some water and pour it into a large bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of each herb. Mix it up and cover the bowl for 2 minutes.
- Prop the bowl so that it’s directly under your face. Position yourself so that you can sit down and put your face over the bowl comfortably without burning your face.
- Drape a towel over your face and the bowl and let your face steam up for as long as you can take it. I usually go for 10-15 minutes or until the water has stopped producing steam.
- You can follow this with a pore cleansing mask or a facial peel.
DIY Green Tea baths and facials
If you’re looking for a great detox look no further. With Autumn just round the corner this is the perfect time to detox and restart. I love drinking Green Tea to flush out all the toxins but it’s also great for your skin. Green Tea heals blemishes, scars and generally improves your skin complexion. It acts as a toner and fights off signs of ageing. Not only does it help your skin, but it also promotes hair growth.
Green Tea Facial Steam
Simply follow the same steps for the Herbal Facial Steam above but instead of adding herbs, add 2-3 tea bags to a bowl of boiling water.
Green Tea Bath
For a Green Tea bath add 5-10 tea bags whilst running your bath. Let it sit for 10 minutes minimum. Simply jump into the bath and relax.
DIY Foot Bath
Nothing’s better after a long day of being on your feet than a footpath. I’ve done a post on a DIY Foot Bath which is great for baby soft feet and instantly makes you want to conk out.
Give your neglected feet some love with this quick and easy DIY using things you probably already have in your bathroom.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and if theres anything in particular you’d like me to talk about, please comment and let me know.