Hi guys. I’ve got another DIY for you and this time it’s an egg hair mask. This is a mask I’ve been using for the past 3 months and it’s became my favourite hair treatment. Its a protein hair mask so it’s great for strengthening your hair which I definitely need because I like to dye my hair. I like to use it once a month to maintain my hair and add some extra nourishment.
Now taking care of my hair is an area I really need to improve in. My naturally curly hair can tend to be on the drier and coarser side and I should be doing coconut oil hair treatments every week but I’m very lazy with my hair. However this is by fair the easiest hair mask ever. I’ve got two methods for you guys so let’s jump into it.
All you need is:
- eggs (1 for short hair, 2 for long hair)
- olive oil (or another oil of your choice)
Method 1 (my favourite method)
- I like to wash my hair in the bath/shower as usual.
- I squeeze out excess water from my hair and start applying the mask to my hair making sure to massage it into my scalp properly. It will feel gross and slippery but it’s worth it!
- Throw it up in a clip or a loose bun.
- I find that this masks works better on wet hair because when hair is wet it absorbs better. Leave it on from anywhere from 10-15 minutes and then rinse with COLD water unless you want scrambled eggs i your hair.
- Follow up with conditioner which usually works to get rid of any egg smell.
- Once your hair has dried you’re hair will be noticeably softer to touch and hopefully a little shiner.
- Apply the mask to dry hair before you go into the bath. Or you can use a spray bottle to dampen your hair and then apply the mask. Wearing a towel around your shoulders and doing this over a sink my be best as it can get messy.
- Gather your hair in a bun. You can even cover your head in a shower cap or a plastic bag to seal in all the goodness.
- The upside of using Method 2 is that because you’re not doing this in the bath, you can leave this on for a over an hour. It’s perfectly safe and will leave your hair silky.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner as usual. You may have to use cold water to rinse it out first because you don’t want it to cook in your hair.
This mask is the ultimate lazy girls DIY for beautiful hair. It is important to give our hair a protein treatment every now and again to give it a boost. If you are dying to grow long luscious locks like me, keeping your hair strong is key because it will prevent breakage. I know a lot of my readers have beautiful healthy hair so I would love to hear your tips and tricks. Let me know what your favourite hair treatments are in the comment section.