Hi girls. Today I’ve got a Green Beauty Summer Makeup Look for you. This post is so long overdue. It’s in collaboration with the gorgeous Beauty By Buffy so make sure you guys go check out her Summer Makeup Look and show her some love! Buffy is from Vegas so expect a little glam. I’ve mentioned Buffy previously in my Top Green Beauty Bloggers to follow post. I’ve gone for a bold lip for this look which I think would look great for an evening look; I know the bare minimum when it comes to makeup LOL but I just thought I’d show you guys some of my favourite Green Beauty makeup products.
- Foundation: for my foundation I’ve gone for the Jane Iredale Glowtime Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream in shade BB7 mixed with my moisturiser. I’ve been advised by one of the head Jane Iredale MUA’s to apply it with a synthetic brush to buff the product in or apply in downward strokes. Although this is called a BB cream it’s pretty much a foundation and is medium to full coverage. It’s great because it already has SPF so that’s one less thing to worry about. Then I go over my face with a damp Beauty Buffer to make sure ever thing is streak free and seamless.
- Concealer: Any hyper pigmentation gets covered up with the RMS Beauty ‘Un’ Cover Up in shade 44 and 33. It’s a really creamy consistency medium to full coverage concealer. It’s definitely build able but I just try to use what I need. I use this with my ring finger and tap it in. Be wary that this does contain coconut oil so if your skin does not get on with coconut oil, this may not be for you. I also use the Physicians Formula Nude Wear Touch of Glow Concealer to conceal under my eyes slightly – nothing too crazy because I’m trying to keep it quite natural. I believe this only comes in one shade which is also called Nude Glow.
- Brows: For my brows I fix them into place with the Jane Iredale PureBrow Brow Gel in Brunette. I’m running out of this as you can see – need to pick up another one ASAP! On very low maintenance days, I stop here but for this look I let the brow gel set and then lightly fill in any spares areas with the Benecos EyeBrow Designer pencil in Brown. This is one of the few Green Beauty brow pencils that come with a spooley.
- More face: I’ve warmed up the outer perimeters of my face and the hollows of my cheeks with the bareMinerals All Over Face Colour in Warmth. I was gifted as part of a bareMinreals makeup kit by my bestie Lizon for my birthday and this bronzer is now my absolute fave!
- Glow up: Since I wanted to keep this look quite light on the rest of my face, a glow was definitely needed. I popped a pump of the Nourish Golden Glow Illuminating Face Shimmer on my damp Beauty Buffer and applied on the highest points of my cheek bones. This adds a nice dewey golden glow.
- Eyes: For the lid I first set my lids with the bareMinerals SPF25 Mineral Veil. I applied Red Apple Lipstick Eyeshadow in Yes You Canyon to my crease. I then packed on dulce de leech from the bareMinerals Thank You, You’re So Sweet Palette (also gifted to me for my birthday by another lovely friend of mine, Charlotte!). From the same palette I used caramel delight in the crease. I also used a mixture of Yes You Canyon and caramel delight on my lower lash. I used my finger to press on some of the Jane Iredale 24 Karat Gold Dust Shimmer Powder in Gold to the centre of my lid and the inner corner of my eyes. Then of course I add a few coats of the Lily Lolo Natural Mascara to the top and bottom lashes. Then I added some nice fluttery lashes (sorry I’ve completely forgotten which lashes these are but I know they are Ardell lashes!.
- Powder up: I highlight my under eyes further with the Banana shade in the Bellapierre Contour & Highlight Pro Palette. This palette is a Green Beauty dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Pro Series Contour Kit and i have been loving it; I’ll definitely be doing a review on this.
- Pout: For the lips I’ve gone for the Jane Iredale Lip Definer in Crimson to define the lips and fill them in and then I added Burts Bees Lip Crayon in Napa Vineyard.
That about sums up this makeup look. It’s really light in colour on the face and heavy on the lips. I absolutely adore a bold lip for the summer and this is slightly out of my comfort zone because I’m more of a nude lip gal. Don’t forget to check out the other half to this Green Beauty Summer Makeup collab on Beauty By Buffy’s blog; she’s added some Vegas glam to her look. Hope you guys enjoyed!