Hi girls! I’m back with another easy DIY for you and this week I’m going to teach how to make your very own DIY natural lip plumper. It’s so easy it will only take a minute!
This is a temporary solution, it won’t take you from zero to Kylie Jenner but it will help naturally enhance the look of your lips. This is a trick I like to use because I have iddy biddy lips that long to be Angelina Jolie lips.
Quick warning; if you are pregnant I would be weary of doing this DIY because there are studies that suggest to stay away from peppermint and cinnamon essential oils during pregnancy.
Let’s get started!
You will need
- cinnamon or peppermint essential oil – the choice is yours (preferably organic)
- lip balm of your choice (if you’re after a natural lip balm I’d opt for Poppys Natural Skincare Super Hydrating Organic Lip Balm, Burts Bee’s Lip Balm Tin , MOA The Green Balm
What to do
- Grab the lip balm of your choice. I’ve opted for Poppy’s Natural Skincare Super Hydrating Organic Lip Balm in Unfragranced. You can either keep it in the same container or transfer it to another container. Just try to avoid plastic containers as the essential oils will eat at the plastic.
- Add a few drops of cinnamon or peppermint essential oil. I would start off at 3 drops to test it out (if you think you can handle more then be all means go for it, I add 10 drops to mine).
- Mix it into your lip balm well using a spatula or the end of a spoon and you have made your very own lip plumper.
- Test it out on your lips. Be cautious, it may cause a stinging sensation. The peppermint/cinnamon will irritate your lips. this is what makes them plump up. Blood will rush to your lips causing them to go pink.
- After a minute or so the sensation should calm down and you will be left with fuller juicy looking lips.
I love using this DIY lip plumper. Careful that you do not rub your eyes or touch your face with same fingers that you used to apply the natural lip plumping lip balm to your lips. It will sting – big time!
This is great to use on its own because it naturally gives you a flush or colour or as a prep treatment before you apply lip colour of your choice. I love using this because it is cheap, effective and full of great natural ingredients.
People dish out so much money on lip plumping products, some of which don’t even work or have nasty toxins in them. What is the need when you can make it yourself really easily at home?
Let me know if you guys try it out and what you would like me to post about.