Hi guys! Hope you’ve all had a great Christmas break. I’ve got a very exciting review to end the year on and it’s on the super luxurious skincare experience of using the May Lindstrom The Honey Mud.
This high-end treatment is packed full of amazing ingredients such as sensual cocoa absolute oil, silver (yes that’s right, this mask contains real silver), and raw honey with bee pollen and propolis. I was really intrigued by the use of silver in skincare so had to try this out.
What is it The Honey Mud?
May Lindstrom’s Honey Mud is a super luxurious gentle enzyme cleanse and masque. It’s a beautiful mix of healing raw honey, white halloysite clay and aromatic pure plant oils. Yes – I’ve called this face masque an experience. It’s that good…you can see where this review is heading already.
The masque has a very smooth and silky texture; it reminds me of the same consistence of like a chocolate pudding although it smells more like vanilla.
The product is quite thick and sticky (like manuka honey) so before applying it to my face I like to spritz my face with something to dampen it. This helps the product glide onto my skin; I can work the product into my face without tugging at my skin. My spritz of choice is the Bybi Beauty Hyaluronic Acid (which you can get from Asos now).
You can use this as a masque by applying it to a clean face for 10-20 mins or as a cleanser by applying it to a damp warm face and using your fingers to massage it into your face and breakdown any dirt of makeup before cleansing off with water.
At £87 for 100ml jar, I don’t think I’ll be using it as a daily cleanser. That’s one hell of an esspensive cleanser. And I don’t know about you but I ain’t got the p’s for that.
- ***raw honey with bee pollen and propolis – full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other anti-inflammatory compounds. Great for encouraging skin regeneration, promoting supple, increasing the skins natural elastic and smoothness by improving collagen production. Also great for clearing blemishes and acne. Bee pollen also has rejuvenating nutrients like carotenoids, flavonoids and phytosterols, which are great for cellular regeneration.
- white halloysite clay – has the ability to absorb nasty toxins and impurities from the skins surface. It also drains out pollutants, exfoliates the skin, removes dead skin cells away leaving the fresh skin that is more receptive to absorbing nutrients
- * macadamia nut oil – contains Omega 3 fatty acids (which are an anti-inflammatory) and omega 6 (a pro-inflammatory) which is why it’s great for those who suffer from sensitive skin conditions
- * witch hazel – great for dry skin, reduced signs of sun damage and fights signs of anti- ageing
- colloidal silver – silver is an amazing mineral for the skin because of it’s antibacterial properties. It’s also amazing for healing scars
- cocoa absolute oil* – a well known aphrodisiac which helps soften and improve the elasticity of skin
- sweet orange oil – another sensual oil with inflammatory and antiseptic oil properties
- * ylang-ylang oil – great for blanking the skin’s natural oils and soothing skin irritations
- * vanilla co2 total essential oil – promotes the maintenance of healthy skin, helps get rid of acne and breakouts, has anti-acing properties and antioxidants so is great for neutralising the body of free radicals
- * cedarwood oil – reduces acne, has anti-inflammatory properties and is great for skin irritations
- ** frankincense oil – great for reducing acne and pimple, pigmentation left over from acne, and the appearance of large pores
- ** myrrh oil – known for it’s moisturising properties and a potent antioxidant
***collected from unsprayed and unfertilized local California wildflowers
What are the benefits?
The benefits of these amazing luxurious ingredients is that the masque is great for getting rid’s you of the day’s pollutants from your face. I don’t know about you but on day’s where I’m using public transport a lot or in central London, my face can tend to feel really grimy.
Once I am home, I don’t wait long before washing my face to get rid of that horrible layer of pollutants from my face. I love to use this as a treatment after washing my face to feed marinate my skin with active enzymes and nourishing ingredients.
One of the reasons that May Lindstrom Skin products are super effective and special is that they are very concentrated formulas which do not contain fillers. All the ingredients are sourced when they are in season to ensure that you will get the most out of the ingredient.
The Honey Mud contains ingredients that are;
- Wild Crafted
- Cruelty free
- Wheat and Gluten free
It is also free of parabens, propylene or butylene glycols, petroleum, sulphates, PEGs, TEA, DEA, phthalates, GMO, silicones, pesticides, artificial dyes, fragrances or suspected carcinogens.
How I used it
The Honey Mud really does provide you with a very luxurious ritualistic experience. I use this and feel like I am treating myself and feeding my skin pure nourishment.
I really like to work the product into my skin focusing on my trouble areas. When applying, I really like to take my time with this. I figure I should take as much time as I take with my makeup as I do with my skin. I take a minute or two massage the masque into my skin, adding some hydration in the form of a little water, a toner or a hyaluronic acid when necessary.
After 20 minutes, I wash the product off by adding some warm water to loosen up the masque and massaging the product into my skin before wiping it away with a warm face cloth.
The masque has really been helping to fade away some hyper pigmentation from recent pimples that I’ve had and has helped to get rid of recent pimples without leaving any hyper pigmentation behind.
With Christmas and New Years just gone by my skin has been acting up and for the life of me I can’t really figure out why. I’ve been eating fine, I haven’t overindulged in sugary treats, I’m getting in a good amount of h20 and haven’t changed anything in my skincare but for some reason my skin is flaring up.
I’ve used The Honey Mud a three times this week and already my skin has calmed down and balanced itself back to normality. The raw honey and macadamia nut oil have really helped hydrate my chin and mouth area which are areas that tend to get dry for me in winter.
My skin has been left looking and feeling supple, hydrated, plump, less inflamed and healthier.
I’m so glad I purchased this product. My skin feels so good after I use this product. It helps to gently restore my skin to a healthier version of itself. It give your skin a lovely glow and pump of hydration whilst the honey’s antibacterial properties and lightening properties help to reduce inflammation and brighten your face.