Hi guys! I know, I know – it’s been a while. Without boring you with the deets of my lack of blogging – let’s just jump straight into this post on my favourite Bouclème hair styling products. I have already spoken about Bouclème before in a previous post with a full review on their Curl Cleanser, Curl Conditioner and Curl Defining Gel *. Since then I’ve been trying out the Curl Creme and no surprises here – it’s become a staple in my haircare routine.
Step by step – Wash and Style
previously said that I apply the Curl Defining Gel to almost towel dried hair – but no more! Since then I’ve discovered a new way to style my hair after stepping out of the bath which has significantly helped define my curls and reduce frizz.
- So before I even get my hair wet, I brush my hair with a wooden brush.
- I wet my hair I use the Curl Cleanser which is a non foaming shampoo to clean my hair. I apply the cleanser to my scalp and use my fingers to massage it into my scalp. Then I rinse out the Curl Cleanser.
- After that, I apply a generous amount of Curl Conditioner to the mid lengths and ends of my hair. I tend to leave the conditioner in and let it sit for 3 minutes before using my fingers to gently detangle my hair.
- I ring out any excess water using my hands before I step out of the bath – it is pretty much still soaking wet at this point.
- Whilst it’s still very much wet, I apply the Bouclème Curl Defining Gel. Now here is the trick, instead of just applying it and scrunching your hair up – I apply the gel, then I split my hair into 3 sections (1 section at the back and 1 section and either side of your face). Going through each section of hair I clump the hair together by squeezing it in my fists. Then I scrunch it up. This ensures that you won’t get that one sad little strand of hair that is left out from the other pretty defined curls.
- Finally I use the Bouclème Curl Creme and smooth it over my hair.
- At this point you can air dry it which is what I usually do, or diffuse it.
Voila! You should be left with pretty defined curls.
My thoughts on Bouclème Curl Cream
Like the rest of the Bouclème range, the Curl Cream smells amazing. I still haven’t stopped getting compliments on how good I smell on the days that I have washed my hair. I think everyone around me appreciates Bouclème purely for the scent it fills the office with at work.
I added the Curl Cream to my styling routine because the Curl Defining Gel wasn’t adding enough moisture for me – it defined my curls really well. With all the damage from dying my hair – I definitely need a little something extra to ensure that my curls are well moistured and nourished. The Curl Cream ticks that box for me.
It contains coconut oil and castor oil which are great ingredients for nourishing and moisturising your hair. It’s easy to use and comes in a pump bottle. The price point is similar to the rest of the Bouclème range, retailing for £19.
I will probably be following this up with a Youtube tutorial in the near future so look out for that and let me know if there is anything else you would like to see!
Until next time!
*This post includes affiliate links whereby I will get a cut of the sale made. All options/reviews remain honest 🙂