Hi Guys! This week I’m bringing you one of my favourite health and beauty tips which is super easy, cheap and in my book it is VITAL to my daily routine – drinking lemon water. I start my mornings off with drinking warm lemon water and it’s become something that I really enjoy. Lemons are full of nutrients including vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, magnesium, potassium and fiber. I usually have mine with boiled water that has cooled down to a luke warm temperature; lemons can be harsh on the enamel of your teeth and it can be very hard for your body to deal with cold lemon water. Having it with warm water lessens the blow. It can taste quite zingy so I like to add half a teaspoon of Manuka honey. A lot of celebs swear by lemon water and I’m going to explain to you why;
- Aids digestion – it loosens the toxins in your digestive tract which helps relieve symptoms of indigestion e.g. heartburn and bloating
- Improves your skin – the antioxidants in lemon juice decreases blemishes and wrinkles. I’ve mentioned this before but if you apply it topically it can help fade scars and age spots and it can also dry out blemishes. Drinking lemon juice also helps fade scars and brighten your skin from within. It detoxifies your blood which helps maintain your skins radiance. The Vitamin C in lemons also helps collagen production which is vital for smooth and healthy skin
- Boosts immune system – warm lemon water is one of the best ways to get rid of a viral infection and soar throats. Vitamin C boosts your immune system which is one of the first things to drop when you are stressed out. An extra boost of vitamin C is always helpful. Adding Manuka honey provides extra infection fighting power.
- Reduces Inflammation – drinking lemon water overtime decreases acidity in your body which is wear disease states occur. It also removes the uric acid in your joins which is one of the main causes of inflammation. This would be great for people with arthritis or to prevent arthritis.
- Helps loose weight – this isn’t going to magically make you loose weight but drinking lemon water contains pectin fiber which helps fight cravings. Supposedly it also helps increase your metabolism.
- Boosts energy – lemons help reduce anxiety and depression. Fruits that contain a vitamin C are known to boost your mood. They provide you with a boost of energy and rehydrate your body
What’s more is that drinking lemon water is good for your liver and lymph system. It has a high level of potassium than grapes and apples which makes it good for your heart, brain and nerve function. Lemon water and herbal teas are really the only hot drinks that I have. I’ve heard that lemon water is a great substitute for drinking coffee in the morning. It’s a healthy habit that I would recommend to everyone!